1. Dainty necklaces
-I am loving all of these dainty necklaces, short & long. I love layering them or just wearing a single strand. I used t be big on accessories & I still am but I just love the simplicity of little gold chains
2. Fall colors, well fall in general
-Fall is probably my favorite time of year. I love the cooler (but Not cold) weather, cool enough to wear warm clothes but don’t have to hide them under a parka. I just Adore fall colors!! Burnt orange, hunter green, rich plum, black, gold, you name it!! I just gush when I see all of the gorgeous trends for fall in those colors!!
3. Puppy snuggles
-As Diesel has gotten older he doesn’t snuggle as much as he did when we first got him, I know it has to deal with us being more strict in him not getting on the furniture anymore. But then he used to fit in our arms & laps, we had cuddle sessions every morning. He still sneaks into bed with us in the mornings before Chris leaves for work & then stays & snuggles me after daddy leaves & I love every second!!
4. Hugging & Smoochin the hubsters every time he walks through the door after a hard days work
-I hope I never forget to do this. It started off as lovey dovey newlyweds just so excited to see each other after being thrown back in to the new working world called life, & we would just be so happy to see on another & we’ve done it ever since. It may just be a girly thing but I just always want him to want to come home & know he is loved & that I am always there for him. We had a day in our first year of marriage when Chris came home (he had previously called telling me his job was letting him go, no two weeks, nothing, due to the economy & he was the last one hired) I will never forget the day he walked through our door & we just hugged. Maybe that’s why we do it I have no idea but I am so glad we do! Not to mention I pray for him like crazy while he is away, never take for granted safe arrivals home, no matter the job, no matter the distance.
5. Anything Lumberjack (black & red buffalo plaid)
-Well this should be a given. haha! I truly do love all things lumberjack!!
6. Cozy Snuggle Blankets
-I am a blanket & journal hoarder (okay hoarder is a little strong). I love cozy blankets & throws of all materials & patterns, furry, soft, crocheted, ruffly, love them!! If I could have everyone of Anthropologie’s throws & blankets I would, well I would be one happy gal! & Journals, I just love them I always have, I am a big list maker & big on writing things down. It just works best for me & I try & always have one on me in case of who knows, a prompting, a quote, a thought, or goal. I try & find unique ones that I don’t have already, But I am a huge fan & do have several of these ones from Barnes & Noble that are leather, Love em!!
8. Coconut Hibiscus Lotion
-I LOVE lotion & I am picky with it!! I have to use lotion because I have had surgeries, but I also Love using it! I won’t bore you with what I look for in a lotion but I recently found Shea Moisture products & I am in LOOOOVE!! I have been using their Coconut & Hibiscus Body Butter, I use this only before bed, it smells AHmazing. I love their Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Infused Shea Body Butter as well. However I did find first OGX Coconut Milk & Hibiscus Body Lotion & I use this for after shower all over lotion & with my Coconut Papaya Shampoo I smell like Hawaii. (I’ve never been to Hawaii but I’d like to think that’s what it smells like.)
9. Balmshot Chap stick
-Living in Utah I believe, ruined my skin forever. I went through gobs of lotion & tubes of chap stick. I’ve used just about every chap stick out there. I have always loved Burt’s but I have found a new love… Balmshot. This stuff rocks, I first picked it up while checking out at Bed bath & beyond. I was immediately attracted to it due to its tube, A shot gun shell. We are Huge gun enthusiasts in my family & in our home so I knew I had to try it. Not only is the packaging awesome and Genius, but the chap stick itself is awesome, keeps my lips soft & for a long time, I personally can always tell a Good chap stick when I don’t have to reapply it 50 times a day.
10. Home Depot
-Oh Home Depot why do you tempt me so??? I don’t know about you but Home Depot is my Target. I always come out with more than I go in thinking that I am coming out with. I am in the process of decorating & redoing furniture so I am in decor/remodel mode. I want to do everything at once but am taking things one project at a time (there is a light at the end of this tunnel right?) I just love Home Depot, mostly because I think of my Dad every time I walk in & around the store (frequent trips with dad when I was a youngin) I just associate the smell of lumber with my dad (hint hint another of the many reasons behind the name of this blog) I just Love Home Depot, its so fulfilling fixing, making, creating, something yourself & seeing the outcome of all of your hard work. Home Depot is my Disney Land, it makes all my dreams come true!! (I’ve never been to Disney so maybe Home Depot is more capable of fulfilling dreams I don’t know ha!)
I am a BIG Halloween costume procrastinator. I can maybe MAYBE count on one hand times where I “pre” planned what I was going to be for Halloween. Since last Halloween me & the Hubs wanted to be Lumberjacks, but last year fell through & we didn’t end up dressing up due to moving. But this year the day of, me & my oldest sister went looking for costumes at a local Halloween store. There were a Ton of cute ideas but the Hubs wasn’t so crazy about some of my couple choices haha after we left I was determined to find something. That is when I remembered this tutorial!!
You can also visit Miss‘s blog in the link below for more details on this look
This idea was just too cute & one of our favorite things, Deer!!
I have to say THIS is probably one of the easiest go to costume ideas & cheapest at that. Most of the stuff you need are already in your make up bag or you can get super cheap at your local drug store or Ulta!! The only thing you may need to find if you have no trees in your yard like me (front or back), are twigs for your “antlers”. I snuck into my sisters front yard (we are 4 houses apart) & got some small branches off her tree (with her permission) I was however caught by 3 of my nephews & heard the oldest say “Mom why is aunt Samantha taking branches off the tree?” hahaha they came outside & caught me red handed asking why I needed sticks for a costume & I just told them just wait & see its going to be a surprise!!
I surprised myself with my skills, my one sister has mad make up skills (she taught me how to be girly) so I was terrified I was going to slaughter the deer/look (haha)
But though my lines weren’t perfect it came out pretty cute!! This is such an inspirational look as well. My sister ended up copying this look for one of my little nieces which came out WAY better than mine (its those mad make up skills I tell ya & the help of a beautiful little sweetheart!) Not only that but she recreated the look Again on my niece for Halloween & ended up doing it on herself as well. and another friend of mine a fellow Texan copied this look as well as a friend in Chili. AND later found out my sister helped Her friend with this look as well. I’m tellin ya Easy & Adorable!!
But enough chattin here are some pictures of my look & my little niece who wanted to look like her auntie manta!!
So…I may have a slight problem….
I LOVE Journals.
I collect them (If you can’t tell)
What can I say I fill em up fast!
Beauty & the Beast Used to be my favorite movie & it still holds a place in my heart all for the same reason. I. Wanted. That. Library. I mean who didn’t?! I used to dream about that library. Psshh bring it on Beast just be sure to lock me up in said Library. As long as my “want list” is for books I want, I had a beautiful thought of what if that library was filled with things that I wrote?
I know what your thinking who the heck would want to read a library full of stories about yourself & to that I reply…WHO WOULDN’T?! Haha Kidding (to an extent)
One of my many goals for this year is to Document more, I believe Journal writing is SO Important.
There are so many reasons to Journal, One of which is one of the many reasons I chose to blog.
Right this second or years, even decades down the road
Your Story is key that can unlock someone else’s prison…
I am a believer in that. There are so many times someone has said something or shared something that someone else has said that they have written down & shared & it was exactly what I needed to hear, & that has happened to me way more times than I can even count.
Something that I write in most if not all of my hard copy Journals is this
Knowledge carefully recorded is knowledge available in time of need, spiritually sensitive information should be kept in a sacred place that communicates to the Lord how you treasure it. That Practice enhances the likelihood of you receiving further light.
-Elder Richard G. Scott
This right here, I have practiced & put into practice the exact things it says to do, to record, keep it in a place that is important to me where i have access to it all the time & Yes as I write & record things, whether I have a journal out at church, at general conference, at a funeral, at home, while reading scriptures, or preparing a lesson. By practicing writing things down as they come to me or at the time I feel as if the words of someone else are speaking to my very heart I record it. & as promised any other time I whip it out, which most of the time I flip it open wherever I am & hold a pen in my hand. Something, even if a simple phrase or sentence or a long quote or even talk, will touch my heart & I go to writing. Even more so I will have it out with pen in hand & something will come to mind & my hand starts writing & sometimes it has nothing to do with what is being said, it is just something the spirit needed teach me that day. That on numerous occasions I am able to refer back to & it impacts me in the same way it did when my pen first touched the paper.
Here are some other quotes that have inspired me
Sometimes a single phrase of testimony can set events into motion that affect someones life for eternity
– President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Never Delay a Prompting. By becoming the answer to someones Prayer, we often find the answers to our own
-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
BE STRONG. You never know who You are Inspiring
There are several Journals I keep & So Do You!!
Most people don’t even know they are journaling
Thanks Social Media!!
Yep Blogging, Facebook, Instagram, Yes Even Youtube, it counts!!
We frequently document milestones, funny & sad moments, Goals, Travels, loves of all kinds, interests, & life experiences. Well Dang we are already off to a great start!!
I am old fashioned when it comes to things like books, Journals, talking to people, movies, etc… I like hard copies of things, or doing things in person or by hand, i know technology is great but there is something about hard copies of things that makes it nostalgic if that make sense. But that is me personally, But I mean if you’re a Techie By all means that is Fantastic!! I may get there someday but for now I’m kickin it old school.
Some hard copy Journals I keep & some ideas if you in need of some inspiration are
- Priesthood Blessing Journal- when given a blessing practice listening to the words spoken & if anything or all of it sticks out go record it, it will help you then & maybe in the future get through what was difficult then
- Blessing Journal- Count your blessings is a great practice, it is so easy to get down in the dumps but this helps you to remember life isn’t so bad
- Missionary Experiences- I love this one, I have some good ones & there are times I didn’t write some down & i can’t remember them well, but these are great to learn from, to share, & one day when your kids are learning to share they can see that yeah even mom & dad were scared to go up to someone & talk to them or share the gospel, its just an all around lovely thing & to remember how you felt doing it.
- Fast & Testimony- Got to share your Testimony this fast sunday? or not? or are you super afraid of getting up in front of people? write down what you said or take time today to write down your testimony or if you are fasting write what you are fasting about and why. This is great to see how your testimony blossoms or if it goes in the other direction you can refer back to a time when you were stronger & maybe even a time when you fasted for the strength to strengthen a testimony
- Bucket List- Oh yeah this is a fun one!! As simple or crazy as those bucket lists may be make one!! make a ton!! Then whether its traveling the globe or eating at a yummy restaurant a few counties over write what you experienced & how it feels to scratch that off your bucket list
- Travels- Similar to the Bucket List but can also be a bit of a travel log/scrapbook. Include a picture or few & write how much fun you had or even how much fun you did not have, any flat tires or hilarious over flirtatious locals write it down. It will serve as something to reminisce or to make a goal to return or never go back again.
- Spiritual/Insights- This is one I have the most of, as touched on previously, these are the ones i write down promptings of the spirit in, quotes, sayings, etc..
- Quotes- I know you love pinterest, or have seen a quote someone posts on facebook, Keep inspiring quotes & quotes you love in one place!!
- Goals- simple enough, write down goals & then record when you achieve them how it felt to achieve it
- Dreams-Have dreams of starting a business or going to school or a mission etc.. write in here & you can keep quotes or phone numbers of contacts or anything that will help you achieve said dream
- Journal for Each Child- I have not started these yet because well I don’t have any kids yet, but i love the idea of writing while pregnant or while each kids grows write things to them that you are proud of or heck even times they drove you up the wall so one day they can read & see how much you had to put up with (Ha!) But also to see how proud of them you truly are. You could also do this as a wedding gift for a fiance or keep one for your husband.
- Trial Journal- This is a great one to keep. to look back & see how you overcame/overcome trials, date trials & update. Go back to each trial & record how you are dealing with said trial or how you overcame that trial & things learned.
- This journal is NOT meant to drown in sorrows but to remember & focus on our strengths we receive from trials & heaven forbid we experience a trial more than one we can see what helped us overcome it & gain strength from advice we experienced ourselves.
- This also can be beneficial to your children in them knowing they are not the only one going through trials, You too may have been through it as well, we know as stubborn as kids are they think “You have no idea what I am going through” But as much as they maybe won’t listen to you as an adult they may be more receptive to you as your younger self recorded & read in your journal by your child one day
- When keeping a Journal like this remember not to Dwell in the past but learn to talk about your blessings more that you talk about your burdens
I could go on this topic for a while But I mostly wanted to share something about my self that I collect & that I am passionate about. I have a grandmother who always journals & I guess that is where I get it maybe.
If you do take anything away from this no matter word for word or almost to nothing remember to WRITE IT DOWN.
Do you keep a Journal?
Do you have one or many?
What kinds of Journals do you keep & why?
How do you Journal (writing or typing)?
When I look for journals I look for ones that will last, No flimsy ones, I like all sizes because some fit easily in my purse & I can keep with me at all times & others are larger & i can fit more in. Most if Not all of mine have come from Barnes & Noble, Home Goods & Marshall’s.
Here are some of my favorites I have found recently,